"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that who so ever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16
Over the last several months, I have had to temporarily say goodbye to three very precious individuals. All four of my grandparents have left their earthly bodies and joined our Lord and Savior in heaven. This past Saturday, June 23 was my birthday and my paternal PawPa's new heavenly birthday. He joined my grandmother (his earthly wife) Ma who passed away on October 11, 2006, my maternal granny who passed away on November 30, 2006 and my maternal Pawpa Doc who passed away on February 08, 1985, when I was only six years of age. All four of these individuals played a crucial role in my life and I am certain that I am who I am today because of their unconditional love and guidance. Although it is hard to say goodbye, I am comforted by knowing that each of them knew God as their personal Lord and savior and that one day when my work on earth is done, I will join them in heaven.
Granny, Stacie & PawPa Doc celebrating New Years!
Stacie & PaPaw Doc
Stacie fixing PawPa Doc's hair
Over the last several months, I have had to temporarily say goodbye to three very precious individuals. All four of my grandparents have left their earthly bodies and joined our Lord and Savior in heaven. This past Saturday, June 23 was my birthday and my paternal PawPa's new heavenly birthday. He joined my grandmother (his earthly wife) Ma who passed away on October 11, 2006, my maternal granny who passed away on November 30, 2006 and my maternal Pawpa Doc who passed away on February 08, 1985, when I was only six years of age. All four of these individuals played a crucial role in my life and I am certain that I am who I am today because of their unconditional love and guidance. Although it is hard to say goodbye, I am comforted by knowing that each of them knew God as their personal Lord and savior and that one day when my work on earth is done, I will join them in heaven.
Granny, Stacie & PawPa Doc celebrating New Years!
Stacie & PaPaw Doc
Stacie fixing PawPa Doc's hair








2 comments:
I have been meaning to comment on this post for a while. What great pictures those are of all of your beloveds. I am so sorry to hear you lost them so close together. I think we've talked about this before, but I was very close to all of my grandparents (although I only ever knew three of them). Now only my mother's mother still survives and I miss the other two terribly. I completely relate to your statement about knowing you wouldn't be the person you are now if it weren't for your grandparents. I feel the same way. I hope you are having a blast this summer with your boys! Miss you!
That was a really sweet post with some awesome pictures of good memories you will always hold.
Post a Comment